The Future of Fashion
On Thursday, May 26th I had the pleasure in hosting my very first in-store event at Kit and Ace in the Rice Village district in Houston, TX. The event was put together by my full service event planning company Rochez, Esq. The Future of Fashion was a blogger takeover and mixed with a fashion panel discussion. During The Future of Fashion, guest were encouraged to shop Kit and Ace 2016 collection. Guest also had the opportunity to engage in conversation with like-minded individuals, listen to music provided by Houston’s top performing dj in DJ Anarchy, enjoy specialty drinks from Deep Eddy Vodka, have hors d’ oeuvre provided by Mirepoix Houston‘s own Chef Haneef Abdullah and partake in a panel discussion of 3 fashion experts in Tamara Griffin of Malibumara.com, David Rodriguez founder of The Tipping Point Houston/ Head Chef of Tout Suite and Kalan Laws founder of Senor Guapo, professor and consultant.
I had the opportunity in asking the panel members a series of 8 total questions. Some questions were directed to the group and few were directed to each panel….
- Group Question – Can panelist define what style and fashion is?
- Question for Tamara – Do you think being called fashionable or trendy is a negative statement?
- Question for David – Are there any trends (new or old) that you like or wish would come back?
- Group Question – With the Future of Fashion being comfortable and versatile, what are your thoughts with Athlesiure wear and what are some benefits of wearing Athleisure in a city like Houston?
- Group Question – On the topic of Houston, Do you panelist think Houston can compete with larger fashion cities?
- Group Question – When traveling to different cities. What is one thing that you take away from different cities and their fashion scene?
- Question for Kalan – Being that you consult, if you had a client or friend that wanted to change their style. What type of advice would you give them?
- Group Question – Can you all remember your first fashion item you purchased or can you tell us about a horrible fit you remember?
Photos: Coyote Snap
Thank you again to Kit and Ace, guest and sponsors for attending The Future of Fashion.