Ultimate Gift Guide for Father’s Day with MR PORTER
On the third Sunday of June, the world celebrates Father Day. Which is the celebration honoring fathers, celebrating fatherhood and the influence of fathers in society. With different parts of the world celebrating Fathers Day; March 19th was the original Father’s Day which was also Saint Joseph Day.
Until the 20th century, Father’s Day was not celebrated in the U.S until it got inaugurated to compliment Mother’s Day by celebrating fathers and male parenting. Recently throughout the years, Father’s Day has been a day where you celebrate your dad with gifts that fit him, his style and passions. Here is my 2017 guide to getting your pops some great essentials based on his style and that won’t break the bank.
Father’s Day Gift Guide:
- Weekend Bag – NN07
- Tie – Kingsman by Drakes
- Cologne – DR Harris
- Cuff Links – Alexander McQueen
- Wallet – Comme des Garcons
- Watch – Timex Archive
- Socks – Paul Smith
- First on the list is this NN07 Holdall weekend bag. The best quality the Holdall has is its versatility; take it to the gym, weekend trips, or it can be an awesome work bag with two internal padded sleeves and tons of pockets space. A great bag for pops if he’s the traveling type.
2. Exclusive to MR PORTER is the Kingsman brand by Drakes; with its main focus on British heritage and elegance.
3. The ideal daytime fragrance, but suitable for all occasions is this Arlington cologne by DR Harris. A classic scent with light citrus notes and mixed with hints of fern. The Arlington is part of DR Harris best-selling collection, you only need a dab for the full day.
4. These Alexander McQueen skull cufflinks will give any formal look a subtle and edgy elegance.
5. Nowadays guys are looking to get out of the big billfolds and into something smaller that holds a couple cards and a few dollars for emergencies. Perfect fit with this Comme Des Garcons wallet.
6. This Archive Timex Camper MK1 watch was inspired by military personnel from the 80’s with a grosgrain band, army green case, black dial, and durable and lightweight to wear.
7. For a cool dad who never takes things to serious, a great pair of Paul Smith monkey patterned socks will be an awesome gift to make him stand out in his chosen field.
- Bag – NN07 Holdall – $240
- Tie – Kings Man by Drakes – $185
- Cologne – DR Harris Arlington – $50
- Cuff Links – Alexander McQueen Skull Silver – $125
- Wallet – Comme Des Garcons Leather Coin Wallet – $100
- Watch – Timex Archive Camper – $70
- Socks – Paul Smith Monkey Patterned – $30